Continued Hurricane Relief Efforts in the Coastal Bend
The Coastal Bend continues to engage in relief and recovery efforts. Progress has been made in the affected areas due to our community coming together and helping our friends, neighbors, etc. There is still a great need for volunteers, supplies, and donations in our area. Our continued efforts will enable our area to be fully restored and flourish once again.
There are opportunities to volunteer and donate across the Coastal Bend. Resources that are donated to local organizations are dispersed to surrounding areas that are in need directly. The local organizations accepting donations and/or volunteers are:
• Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group/Coastal Bend Foundation (volunteers & donations) or call 361-596-3741
• Catholic Diocese of Corpus Christi (volunteers & donations) 361-882-6191
• Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi (volunteers & donations) or call 361-884-0651
• United Way of the Coastal Bend (to donate) call 361-882-2529 or text UWHARVEY to 41444
• Church Unlimited-Corpus Christi (to donate) 361-219-5065
• First Baptist Church (to volunteer with the Samaritan’s Purse) go to 1305 Wildcat Dr. in Portland, Texas
• First Assembly of God Church-Aransas Pass (to volunteer) 361-758-2044 or go to 417 N Houston St. in Aransas Pass, Texas
The 2017-2018 school year has begun. If you are having concerns, troubles or need help enrolling your student(s), their transportation options, etc. please contact the Texas Education Agency (TEA) Hurricane Parent Hotline at 512-463-9603. Other helpful education contacts include: Penny Pillack with Port Aransas ISD at email@example.com; Kim Sneed with Flour Bluff ISD at 361-694-9713; and Colleen McIntrye with Seashore Learning Center & Seashore Middle Academy at 361-654-1134.
The Coastal Bend continues to move forward down the road to recovery. We must continue to donate our time, energy/positive attitudes, and resources in the months to come. Remember, “Trabajando juntos hacemos las cosas”—“Working together we get things done”.
If you have questions regarding any of the information mentioned in this week’s article, please do not hesitate to call my Capitol or District Office. Please always feel free to contact my office if you have any questions or issues regarding a Texas state agency, or if you would like to contact my office regarding constituent services. As always, my offices are available at any time to assist with questions, concerns or comments (Capitol Office, 512-463-0672; District Office, 361-949-4603).
– State Representative Todd Hunter, District 32
Rep. Hunter represents Nueces County (Part). He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 512-463-0672